In today’s modern world, car accidents happen on a daily basis. In some car accidents, there may be minor personal injuries and vehicle damages, while others may be quite fatal, and can cause serious injuries, and even death.
Whichever the case, if you have been involved in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence you should hire an experienced car accident lawyer immediately. You should also hire a car accident attorney if you’re hospitalized, or if you need any kind of medical care, as a direct result of the accident.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer?
1. They will help you receive a fair financial settlement
There are many ways a car accident lawyer can help you with your car accident case. If you were recently involved in car accident, you might be struggling with your injuries, mounting bills, lost wages and other such problems. This can be quite frustrating and infuriating, especially if the accident was as a result of someone else’s negligence. A good car accident lawyer will help out with your lawsuit and will ensure you get a fair financial settlement.
2. The insurance company might have a different agenda
Most insurance companies usually aim to protect their own interests and may try to trick you from a fair and rightful compensation. As a matter of fact, the insurance company doesn’t have your best interests at heart. Instead, the insurance adjuster will try to find ways to pay you, as little as possible. A single wrong answer to any one of their many complex and often tricky questions, could actually cost you thousands and thousands of dollars. However, with a lawyer on your side, you do not have to worry about any missteps since the attorney will capably handle all the communication with the insurance company for you.
3. They understand the available settlement options
Most car accident cases usually settle out of court meaning that the negligent party or their insurance company, is most likely going to make you a settlement offer. A good attorney will help you understand the various implications of accepting that particular offer, and the other available options. Moreover, a good car accident attorney has dealt with many other such cases, and knows the appropriate amount of settlement you deserve for your damages.
There are actually many potential damages which are available to those who have been injured in a car accident. In addition to the medical bills, you might also get compensated for lost wages, emotional stress, pain and suffering and other damages. Your family members might even be able to get compensation for the loss of companionship in case you’ve become incapacitated. If you do not hire a car accident lawyer, you may lose all these.
Car accident lawyers also know how to find hidden sources of money. At times, there’s more than one way of receiving compensation after a car accident. A lawyer will help you find these hidden extra sources of money, so that you receive the rightful compensation.
4. They are experienced and knowledgeable in accident law
Hiring a professional lawyer with experience in car accident laws gives you a more knowledgeable representative. Having a lawyer who is very familiar with the car accident laws, and is experienced when it comes to negotiating with insurance companies, gives you the much needed peace of mind.
5. Other situations when it is imperative to consult a car accident lawyer
- The accident caused residual disability.
- You got injured with residual disability, and may incur further future medical bills.
- The settlement offered from the insurance company is too low.
- You suffered serious injuries and you have high medical bills.
- The liability is getting disputed, and you believe that you’re not responsible, or are partially responsible for that car accident.
- If there are some extenuating circumstances which make your lawsuit much more valuable, and you do not know exactly how to prove the losses you incurred (for instance, you are a caregiver, and you are no longer able to take care of your sick parents or wife/husband).
- The insurance company denied your claim, and you believe that they’re incorrect in the denial.
- It has been nearly a year since the accident and you are no closer to getting your claim settled.
- You don’t fully understand your rights, and you do not know the statute of limitations in your particular state.
- Circumstances surrounding the car accident are complex, and might require expert investigation.
Choosing the right lawyer is very crucial to the success of your lawsuit. You should make sure you hire the right lawyer. As a matter of fact, it is wise to hire one who specializes in personal injuries. You should avoid hiring attorneys who take family law, divorce cases, and other such areas of law which are not relevant to your particular case. This is because there are usually lots of complications within car accident cases, and you need a specialist who has a well proven track record when it comes to winning car accident cases.